Breaching (Mechanical / explosive)
This year, RMTTA will be conducting a two day breaching course for tactical operators. This course will provide operators with hands-on training in necessary skill sets required for multiple breaching disciplines.
Day one will consist of manual breaching techniques and tactics utilizing common manual breaching tools such as:
· Mechanical Ram
· Sledge Hammer
· K-12 Cutting Saw
· Battery Operated Portable Cutting Saw
· Hurst Strong Arm Portable Hydraulic Tool
Day one will also provide instruction on proper ballistic shotgun breaching techniques and tactics.
Day two will consist of Tactical Explosive Breaching familiarization. The instruction provided will give team commanders, team leaders, and operators hands on utilization of explosive breaching techniques used in real world applications. The focus of effort will be on the utilization of explosives to defeat multiple different types of mediums to include:
· Exterior Door Charges
· Interior Door Charges
· Interior Gun Ports for Hostage Rescue
· Interior Wall Charges for Hostage Rescue
· Exterior Window Breaching for Breach and Cover Applications
· Exterior Fence Breaching for Arrest and Containment Access Points.
This two day training event will be sponsored by CURTIS BLUE LINE and will be presented by Nationally Recognized Instructors from the NTOA Instructor Cadre and Product Training Specialists from L.N. Curtis and Sons (Curtis Blue Line).